My first post!

 My first official post! 

I'm going to have to ask everyone to bear with me, writing is so far from my comfort zone. Writing my thoughts is something that I have never had an easy time doing, and I have always been envious of people who are naturally gifted with the skill of writing. 

BUT, the only way to get better is to practice. I have put off producing a blog for my business for too long, and I just can not put it off any longer. "

So, without further ado, let's get in to it.

I wanted this first blog post to be about me. So let's start from the very beginning. Who am I? What do I do? What do I like to do in my spare time?

Well, my name is Marni Cutler Vining, and I am a graphic designer and artist based out of Newtown, CT USA. I have lived in the area most of my life. I went to Sacred Heart University, where I graduated with a bachelors degree in art & design with a concentration in graphic design, as well as a minor in music performance. I have worked a lot of different jobs since graduating, but two years ago took the leap of starting my own freelance graphic design business. That leap was one of the biggest things I have ever done. It has been stressful, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. 

I have been a creative person all my life. Growing up I loved doing arts and crafts, and creating things. These are the skills I have brought with me to this day. Along with my graphic design business, I still make arts and crafts to sell to this day. I also fix antiques to sell online in my spare time.

Outside of "work," I love playing board games, hiking and spending time outdoors, collecting house plants, spending time with family and friends, and spending time with my dogs. I'll have to expand on some of these in future posts, but I will just leave you with this for now.

I am very excited for this blog just to see where it takes me! Anyone have any questions for me? Also, go follow my instagram @MarniCutlerDesign

xoxo,
Marni Cutler Vining
Freelance Graphic Designer
www.marnicutler.com
@MarniCutlerDesign

Comments